Cell Phone Policy
Cell Phone Policy
- It is your right to have a cell phone in the building in case of emergencies and for use before and after school hours (before 7:30am and after 3:45pm).
- It is NOT your right to take out a cell phone during school hours. Your phone, including headphones, should be off and away at all times during the school day.
- It is our right to take away your cell phone if we see it out during school hours. If we see you using it in a way that hurts your education or the education of others, we will definitely do so.
- As of now, we give you the privilege of using your phone during ELO trips. We can change our mind about this at any time. We hope that you take awesome photos during ELOs and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are some uses of cell phones that will get you in serious trouble, in or out of school. You should never engage in:
- Taking pictures of students or teachers without their permission.
- Making fun of, bullying, or starting fights with other students online.
- Refusing to give up your phone to a teacher or staff member if they ask for it.
- Showing inappropriate material to other students.
- Sending sexually explicit messages to other students.
Consequences for not following the cell phone policy
First time you violate the cell phone policy, your device will be confiscated and returned to you at the end of the day. We will also call your home.
Second time you violate the cell phone policy, your device will be confiscated and your parent/guardian will have to come into KAPPA to pick up your device.
Third time you violate the cell phone policy, your device will be confiscated and will not be returned until the end of the school year (in June).
If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com.